Sunday, August 2, 2020

Velcro Dog


Velcro Dog
6" x 6" 
Oil on 1/8" board

I can say that my dog, Lily, has been a blessing since this pandemic has started. She is my devoted and loving companion and every day she demonstrates to me the meaning of unconditional love. She has enjoyed having me work from home since March and has become even more attached to me, just as I have become extremely attached to her.

I had a picture saved on my desktop. The reference was taken by photographer June Irwin. She posted it on the Russ Bridges website for artistic use and I decided to use it to practice my grays. The grays in this painting were mixed using the primaries, titanium white, and burnt umber. If you are interested in mixing interesting grays there are many blogs, articles, and videos online. I really like Dan Johnson's blog on this topic. He is also a member of DailyPaintworks.

If you would like a commissioned portrait of your velcro dog, please contact me and I would be happy to make you a painting of your furry family member. 

                                           
                                                      Lily the Whippet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Embracing Wabi-Sabi

Recently, I have been exploring the Japanese  aesthetic philosophy, Wabi-Sabi. According to the article, “Wabi-Sabi: The Japanese Art of Fin...