Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Inspiration is Everywhere

 



"Morning and Old Glory"  SOLD
8" x 8" acrylic on 1/8" board

There have been many famous historical figures who were habitual walkers. Aristotle, Charles Dickens, Virginia Woolf, and Albert Einstein are a few who come to mind. Walking for me is a way to de-stress and reflect.  I have also been inspired by the beauty that I am seeing in my neighborhood travels. 

As I walk my dog several times a day, I find that beauty is everywhere and in everything. I thought the way early morning light strikes our flag on a summer July morning would make an interesting painting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Embracing Wabi-Sabi

Recently, I have been exploring the Japanese  aesthetic philosophy, Wabi-Sabi. According to the article, “Wabi-Sabi: The Japanese Art of Fin...