Thursday, August 13, 2020

Weekly Figure Drawing Class on Zoom

My weekly figure drawing class transitioned to virtual classes in March. My teacher, Rob Silverman, is an excellent instructor and portrait artist. Our local art league will be opening on September 14th, and we were discussing how to safely hold in-person classes. A particular dilemma seems to be centered around the live model and mask-wearing. Many questions still need answering before we can transition back to the art league for in-person classes. 

I have enjoyed taking some open studio sessions with Atelier Dojo. They offer open studios several times a week with a variety of interesting models at a very reasonable fee. 

Below are some of my most recent sketches done in charcoal on toned gray paper. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Embracing Wabi-Sabi

Recently, I have been exploring the Japanese  aesthetic philosophy, Wabi-Sabi. According to the article, “Wabi-Sabi: The Japanese Art of Fin...